Creative Brand Strategy: Task 2

 26.05.2026 - 23.06.2026 / Week 6 - Week 10

Angelique Svetlana Pekasa / 0377365

Creative Brand Strategy / Bachelors Of Creative Media / Taylor's University

Task 2


Table of contents


Lectures

Week 4: Brand Positioning
Brand positioning defines how a brand is different from competitors and how it wants to be seen by its audience. A clear position helps guide the brand’s message and makes its value easier to understand.

A positioning map compares brands using selected qualities, such as price, quality, convenience, or popularity. It helps identify competitors, market gaps, and possible opportunities. Positioning may become ineffective when the message is unclear, inconsistent, or unsuitable for the target audience.

Week 6: Visual Design Development
In Week 6, we moved from campaign planning into developing the visual identity. This included:
  • Campaign name and logo
  • Brand moodboard
  • Colour and typography direction
  • Icons and symbols
  • Overall visual style
  • Posters and campaign applications

We were asked to research suitable symbols and create at least 20 logo sketches. The final logo should be simple, memorable, suitable for the audience, and connected to the campaign’s purpose. It should also communicate the campaign’s topic and emotional tone, such as being friendly, hopeful, serious, or supportive.

Week 8: Workshop
In this week's class we had a workshop by Prof. Phill, we were tasked to make a sketch of a font which represents the brand. Shown below is a font I made from the brand Nike.

Fig. 1.1, Sketch, (Week 8)


Instructions





Task 2

To start of the exercise I created several sketches of the logo, after that I consulted with Mr. Max and he choose some sketches to be digitalized. For the logos, I'm trying to show connection by connecting some of the letters with each others. Shown below (thicked with red) were the sketches approved by Mr. Max on the first week of this task. 

Fig. 1.2, Sketches, (Week 6)

I then continued to digitalize the logo, I play around with the sketches that Mr. Max approved and tried to combine the ideas together. I also play with different fonts to get the best one out of it. Shown below is a screengrab of the process.

Fig. 1.3, Logo Process work, (Week 6)

After getting the logotype I derived the logo from the "O" of it and make further adjustment based on week 7's feeedback of how the edges of the stroke should be consistent and not sharp. Shown below is the screen grab of the process.

Fig. 1.4, Logo Process work, (Week 7)

Shown below is the Final Logo in black.

Fig. 1.5, Final Logo , (Week 7)

Then I started to make the brand guideline, using the template given by Mr. Max in Teams. Shown below is the screengrab of it.

Fig. 1.6, Brand Guideline Progress, (Week 7)

I then changed the color palete and the tone of the guideline according to week 7's feedback, I went back to search for reference in Pinterest as Mr. Max told me to also visualize how the posters will look like, not only the guideline. Shown below are the mood board I gathered in Pinterest. I decided that I could play along with the lines and circles for the collaterals and guidelines later on.

Fig. 1.7, Moddboard, (Week 7)


 shown below is the screengrab of the process alongside the final color palete used.

Fig. 1.7, Brand Guideline Progress, (Week 7)

After that,  I listed down the 100 icons list, I highlighted several in which I think best fit. shown below is the list.

Fig. 1.8, Icon Progress, (Week 8)

After getting feedback from Mr. Max about the list of icons, I started to develop them. Shown below is the screen grab of the process.

Fig. 1.9, Icon Progress, (Week 8)

After week 9's consultation, Mr. Max told me to replace or change this 3 icons (that's not marked in red), as it doesn't have a swirl like the rest of the icons. 

Fig. 1.10, Icon Progress, (Week 8)

I then make changes, I input the swirl onto 2 of the icons (location and network), while replacing the other one icon entirely with another icon of a different meaning, as placing a swirl in the existing one will make the icon too overly complicated. Shown below is the final icon made and approved by Mr. Max.

Fig. 1.10, Icon Progress, (Week 9)

After finishing the icons, I went to make the corporate assets. In order to do it I went to photoshop and make the business card and letterhead along with the cover there. Shown below is the screengrab of the process. 
Fig. 1.11, Brand collateral Progress, (Week 9)

I then import everything back into Illustrator and finishes up all the things needed for the brand guideline. Shown below is the final brand guideline made.

Fig. 1.12, Final Guideline, (Week 9)


Feedback

week 6: I gave some logo sketches during class, and Mr. Max choose 3 of it, he likes how the "MO" is connected to each other however the "A" might be too futuristic. After that I made more sketches and Mr. Max choose some of it to be made digitalized and to be developed further. The new sketches where "O" becomes a symbol has the most potential because it can represent people gathering, being seen, or someone no longer being alone. It also gives the logo a more memorable identity instead of only depending on typography.

week 7: Need to change the color palette so that it reaches the targeted audience more, think of how it will go with the needed posters later on. In addition to that right now the entire guideline looks like a corporate company, the guidelines should also represent the brand, represent the friendliness and community tone. The stroke of the "O" logo should be consistent, the outside stroke should be the same as the inside one, right now the outside one is too sharp.

week 8: I gave the 100 lists of icons to Mr. Max, and he picked 20 from that list.

week 9: Most of the icons made are consistent however, there are 3 of them that are not since they don't have that swigelly line that others have. 


Reflections

Experience
Throughout this task, I was able to develop AMONGST from a campaign idea into a complete visual identity. I started by making different logo sketches before choosing and digitalising the strongest ideas. After that, I developed the colour palette, typography, icons, brand guideline, and corporate assets. The process required many changes, and I think one of the major changes is the change in color pallete from the previous task which changes the direction a lot. Although there were many revisions, the feedback helped me create a clearer and more suitable visual direction for the campaign.

Observation
I observed that every visual element needs to go back and refer to the campaign’s purpose and target audience. A logo should not only look memorable, but it should also communicate what the campaign represents. Like for example, using the letter “O” as a symbol helped represent people gathering, being seen, and no longer feeling alone. I also noticed that small details, such as the thickness of the logo strokes and the repeated squiggly lines in the icons, can affect the consistency of the entire identity.

Findings
One of my main findings was that a brand guideline should show the brand’s personality, instead of only presenting the visual elements. Since AMONGST focuses on community and emotional support, the colours, typography, icons, and layout should feel warm, friendly, and approachable rather than corporate. I also learned that consistency does not mean every design must look exactly the same. The elements can be different, but they should still share a similar style or feature that makes them feel connected. Overall, this task helped me understand how a complete visual system can make a campaign feel more recognisable and meaningful.

Comments