Creative Brand Strategy: Task 3

16.06.2024 - 21.07.2024 / Week 9 - Week 14

Angelique Svetlana Pekasa / 0377365

Creative Brand Strategy / Bachelors Of Creative Media / Taylor's University

Full Compilation


Table of contents


Lectures


Instructions





Task 3

Campaign Application
For the campaign applications I decided to make posters, a website, and an event booth.

  • Posters: Create Awareness 
    Catch students’ attention through relatable messages and direct them to the campaign through QR codes.
  • Website: Provide Access
    Explain the campaign, community, and activities while giving students a clear and private way to join.
  • Event Booth: Create Connection
    Allow students to express themselves anonymously, interact with others, and experience the safe community in person.
Poster
First I started with the posters, I went to find stock images on google, and several website and went to Photoshop in order to edit them. 

Fig. 1.1, Poster progression, (Week 9)

After week 9's feedback, I changed the images used, and changed the second poster to look more like the rest to maintain consistency. Shown below is the revised version.

Fig. 1.2, Poster progression, (Week 10)

There are still a problem with the third poster, as the "scan to join" is not that readable. So I used AI to help me change the image to my liking so that it fits the poster more. I also changed the alignment to right aligned. 
Before Picture
Fig. 1.3, before picture Poster progression, (Week 10)

After Picture
Fig. 1.4, before picture Poster progression, (Week 10)

Shown below is the Final Poster made. Including the mockup of it. 

Fig. 1.5, Poster Final Result, (Week 10)

 
Fig. 1.5, Poster Final Result, (Week 10)

Website
After finishing up with the poster I went to photoshop to make the layout of the website. For the website I design only the important pages as suggested by Mr. Max. So I designed the homepage and the community page. Shown below is the screengrab of the process.

Fig. 1.6, Website progression, (Week 10)

Shown below is the final UI/UX, including the mockup.

Fig. 1.6, Website Final Result, (Week 11) 

Fig. 1.7, Website Final Result, (Week 11) 

I also input the UI/UX of the website to Netlify, however it's best to be seen in a phone. As many students will be seeing and scanning the barcode (Present in the posters hang around campus) 

Shown below is the screenshot of the website deployed in a phone. 


Fig. 1.7, Website Final Result Phone Screenshot, (Week 11) 


Fig. 1.7, Website Phone Mockup, (Week 11) 


Event Booth
Then I went to photoshop again to create the event booth, I look up for a mockup on google, download it, and put my design on them. I also used a bit of AI to generate image that I need, I used it to generate an image of the colored stickynotes for the anonymous wall, as i want the sticky notes to be in the color of my brand guideline. Shown below is the image generated alongside my process.



Fig. 1.8, Event booth progression, (Week 12) 

Fig. 1.9, Event booth progression, (Week 12) 

Shown below is the final event booth made.

Fig. 1.9, Event booth progression, (Week 12) 


Impactful Project
For the impactful project I decided to make a short campaign video which acts as something the audience could relate to in order to build connection with them. So to start it off I made a rough sketch and storyboard on how it's going to go. Shown below is the storyboard made.


       
Fig. 1.10, Storyboard, (Week 12) 

After making the story board I shot some videos, almost all of the videos was shot in campus as the target audience for the campaign are university students. I the videos with my phone and asked my friend to help act in one of the shot. I also changed the initial locations from the story board as I found better locations to shoot.

Fig. 1.11, Shot results, (Week 12) 

After that I edit the video first in Premier pro, as some scenes needs masking. Shown below are some screengrab of the process.

Fig. 1.12, Video progression, (Week 12) 

Then I went to Envanto to find a template for the video montage, then I edit it to fit into my video and put in videos of my own to the template in premier pro.

 
Fig. 1.13, Video progression, (Week 12) 

After that I used AI (Codex) to help make the motion graphics for the final CTA of the video and adjust it until it reaches the outcome I wanted. Below is the screengrab.

Fig. 1.14, Video progression, (Week 12) 

After that I compiled everything into Capcut, added effects on the video, captions, and etc. After compiling everything together I went to ChatGPT and use it to help me make a music which suites the beginning, the climax, the ending montage, and the final CTA. 

Fig. 1.15, Video progression, (Week 12) 

Shown below is the final Video. 


Customer Journey Map
After finishing with all the above I begin to make my customer journey map.

Fig. 1.16, Journey map progression, (Week 12) 

After looking at it for a while, the background and the color of the text seems to be very distracting, it doesn't seems to be that readable. So, I changed it entirely. Shown below is the result.

Fig. 1.16, Journey map progression, (Week 12) 

After week 13's consultation I made changes, shown below is the screengrab of the process. 

Fig. 1.16, Journey map progression, (Week 13) 

Shown below is the final customer journey map made. I made 2 different layouts, as I realized that the current layout doesn't fit the Canva slides perfectly, so I made some changes to match it. 


Fig. 1.17, Final Customer Journey map, (Week 13) 

Fig. 1.18, Final Customer Journey map, (Week 13) 

On week 14, I did a final presentation. Shown below is the presentation made alongside some pictures taken during my presentation. 

Fig. 1.19, Presentation, (Week 14)

Shown below is the final presentation slide made. 

Fig. 1.20, Presentation Slides, (Week 14)

Shown below is the compilation of the campaign applications and customer journey map.
Fig. 1.21, Final Compilation, (Week 14)


Feedback

Week 9: Overall your campaign has a clear and meaningful direction. The use of looping lines in the posters is a good visual idea because it can represent connection, conversation, and people being linked together. However, the design still needs stronger visual consistency, clearer hierarchy, and better brand communication. Some parts are visually strong, but the posters do not fully feel like one complete campaign system yet.

Week 10: The poster right now is more consistent, however there is a bit of a readability issue with the icons, as right now it is very close with the pictures' gradient, try to maybe bring the pictures down a bit or make it smaller. Make the color also consistent, the third poster uses a different shade of orange, maybe try to make it the same with the rest. The "Scan to Join" also needs to be the same color as the other posters. 

Week 11: The website direction is getting stronger, and it does communicate the campaign idea quite clearly. The tone feels warm, supportive and community-based, which suits AMONGST well. The strongest part is that you are not just making a visual website, but trying to explain the campaign journey: why the community exists, what it does, how it works, andhow people can join. That is good because the website should help the audience understand the campaign quickly.

Visually, the colour palette, wave lines and knot/connection graphics are consistent with the idea of connection and emotional support. The headline “You’re not the only one.” is also strong because it immediately connects with the loneliness topic.

Week 12: For the impactful project's final scene, the montage of friends hanging out is good, but make sure it does not suddenly become too happy or too commercial. It should feel warm, honest, and believable. The ending CTA can be something like:
  • You’re not the only one.
  • Join the community.
  • Find your people.

Overall, the direction is much stronger now. Just make sure the video clearly shows the contrast between being surrounded and being connected, because that is the main emotional message of AMONGST.

Week 13: For the presentation slides, explain the campaign applications and impactfull project while presenting the customer journey map. So, reveal it one by one, make it appear one by one. Explain also the website page by page for the presentation. For the third poster, can change the layout as the "scan to join" is still off. The impactfull project's video could have longer breaks within the cut scenes, erase the canteen scene as its off centered and make the other 2 takes a bit longer. 

Week 14: Presentation


Reflections

Experience
In this final task, I developed the three main campaign applications for AMONGST, which were the posters, website, and event booth. I also created a short campaign video as my impactful project and a customer journey map to show how everything connects. This task involved using different software, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, CapCut, and AI tools. This teach me how to make use of each application and how to work through it. The process took quite a lot of time because each application needed several changes, but it helped me learn how to apply one brand identity across different formats while still giving each application its own purpose. 

Observation
I observed that campaign applications should not only look visually connected but should also support one another. The posters create awareness, the website provides more information and a way to join, while the event booth allows the audience to experience the community in person. I also noticed how important readability and visual hierarchy are. Even when a design looks attractive, the message and CTA may not work if they are difficult to notice. For the video, I learned that the pacing and emotional changes need to feel natural so the story remains honest and relatable instead of becoming too commercial.

Findings
One of my main findings was that consistency involves more than using the same colours and graphic elements. The tone, message, photography, layout, and audience experience should also feel like they belong to the same campaign. Creating the customer journey map helped me understand how the audience moves between each application, from noticing the posters to visiting the website, watching the video, and joining the event booth. Overall, this task helped me understand how different campaign touchpoints can work together to guide the audience towards one meaningful action.

Comments